Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Phew!

And that was that! I did my 2 days on the stall and it was fun. Exhausting but fun. I sold enough yarn to cover my costs and I was really pleased about that. On Saturday it must have been about 80 degrees so, selling yarn then was a feat. It was very satisfying to hear people say 'Wow!' as they walked past and even if people didn't stop the managed to give the yarn a squish on the way. This was the stall on the Saturday early morning:
















And a closer look at the goodies:

















My husband was selling his furniture at the stall next to me so that was cosy - lol.

















It was a long and busy 2 days but I really enjoyed it. There was loads of interest in the felt so I'm hurriedly making a webiste now as I foolishly promised people it would be up and running by the end of the week (words like, rod, own back, own worst enemy are bouncing into my mind for some reason)

I met some lovely people - Champagne Bohemian popped by with her family and very kindly bought some yarn as did Brigit from the It's Not Easy Being Green forums and Sunpuppy from Downsizer. So, exhausted but happy is the order of this week. I'll post a link to the website when it's done - back soon.

10 Comments:

Blogger Piglottie said...

Glad it all went well. The yarn looks delicious! You going to Woolfest by any chance?

7:15 AM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Sorry to post again Stacey but was just wondering if you sell your yarn online (have looked on your blog and cant find anything but that could well be my lack of looking properly!).

7:17 AM  
Blogger Cledry said...

I'm just designing the website now :) I've never done it before and I've gone boggle eyed - lol. Hopefully it'll be up and running by the end of the week. I'm not going to woolfest unfortunately - I'd love to but it's too far and too soon.

7:25 AM  
Blogger RooKnits said...

The yarn looks beautiful. Well Done!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Minnieknits said...

Yay to Stacey! - well done on the stall and good luck with the website ! BTW - like the new logo - stylish in a pure and simple way! I swear that sheep looks coy like she knows something we don't ?!?

11:28 AM  
Blogger acrylik said...

Oh that's excellent news, I'm so glad it went well for you. Wish I could have been there, the yarn looks stunning!

Good luck with the website :)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Glad to hear that the day went well for you - it was hot, wasn't it?!

I have your yarn on the needles already...

12:29 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Lovely- congrats on a successful 2 days... yeah, sorry if you were worried about me getting eaten by Fluffy... I posted some pics just now of the bears I "met". Also, I LOVE your new logo!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Cledry said...

Thanks everyone - I'm a bit bothered now as I haven't used the logo on the website. I've made it look quite posh in creams and browns. Should I change it to use the gladys logo do you think?

12:51 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

Wow! It looks very impressive and professional, like the furniture a lot as well. Good luck with the website, I like your logo as well. Oooh it's all coming together isn't it!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |