Tuesday, July 04, 2006

You've got to laugh or else you'll drown in gin

I'm not having much luck with the internet today - mind you I did vaguely hear on the radio yesterday that mercury has turned retrograde or summat so maybe any attempts at communication are futile - lol.

Anyway - a lady I chat to on the net came down to St Ives this weekend and I thought I'd drive her out to Sennen for a cream tea. So, it was all going splendidly, the weather was beautiful the scones were moist and warm, the chat was abundant and all was tickety boo. Until I decided to move my leg. Now, I have 'A Knee'. It does bad things and causes me much pain. Usually I can flick my leg out and whatever is going on clicks painfully but completely back into place. Not on Sunday. No amount of straightening, fidgetting, praying to the god of knees to not let me cry with pain in front of a stranger did the trick. I had to say to my companion that all was not well and that I may be about to pass out. Poor woman - she just wanted a weekend break and what she got was half a cream tea and a semi stranger being wheeled off into an ambulance screaming in agony. It being a sunny day casualty was chokka with tourists who had fallen off things and 5 hours later after an x-ray (which obviously showed nothing) I was at home and struggling to get up the stairs to bed. I had to stay in bed all day yesterday as I simply couldn't move without excruciating pain. I knitted a sock to take my mind off the utter boredom and stupidly (or not as it transpires) decided to try it on for size. Without thinking, I lifted my right leg and rested my ankle on my afflicted knee and with a huge 'THUNK' and a scream my kneecap shifted and clunked back into place. Since then I've had much more mobility and much less pain in it. I've even made it downstairs on crutches. I'm exhausted and all I want to do is spin but it's my right knee :( Nothing but ice cream and ginger nuts is going to help.

4 Comments:

Blogger RooKnits said...

Oh no! I hope you are a bit more mobile soon. At least the sock knitting helped! (Hopefully)

7:34 AM  
Blogger acrylik said...

Oh, that's awful news. I hope that you're doing better now, and at least you have a bit of relief now - see, knitting is good for you ;)

10:30 AM  
Blogger feltedfibers said...

Blimmy how painful for you, nothing worse, I have one of those knee's and know I have to look after it at all times. Feel for you, now it is feeling easier keep it supported for a week or so, it will help rest it.
Thinking of you,
Jenny.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Cledry said...

Thanks :( I'm soooooo bored.

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |