Monday, November 21, 2005

Today I are mostly knitting socks

The soya/shetland mix is coming on apace and I've started knitting it into some slouchy 'socks about the house' for my mum's christmas present. They were originally for my stepdad but the pattern seems to be quite loose and baggy socks would drive him round the twist. The shetland wool is so beautiful, I never tire of it. There's different colours in it every time I spin it and it's so baby soft, it's amazing. Here it is on the bobbin , plyed with the soya and knitted up:














My bobbins are looking a bit neater aren't they? I had an email from Maggie saying I might have difficulties with plying if I spun onto the bobbin in 'slices'. I've been a martyr to the way my bobbins look so was delighted to be pointed in the right direction - lol. That's one of the things I love about the spinning and weaving community. Everyone is so generous with their knowledge. So often, people can be possesive of what they know and guard it jealously. Not so with the spinners, weavers and dyers I've met online and in real life. Everyone is keen to spread what they've learned and that just adds to what is already such a satisfying pastime. For pastime read obsession - ha ha.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks Maggie. I really am chuffed about the way the bobbins are looking. Do I need to get out more? lol

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |