Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Felt Textile Jewellery

I've been meaning to make some felt jewellery for a while and started a little prototype necklace yesterday.

















I intended it to be just felt but my love of mixed media kinda crept in and this is what it's like so far. The two little tags say 'Charm' and 'Grace'.



















Here's another from this afternoon. think I like them but I'm in such a strange frame of mind right now that maybe they're pants really - lol. I'd welcome your feedback.
Bad news on the Ruby cow front - she developed infected wounds from lying around for so long and yesterday she died. Mr Cledry had just got back from the vet with some more antibiotic injections and found her dead in the field. The little bullock that's left (Rusty) is very cross and has been put in with the sheep for company. He's been bellowing all night and is still going at it today. The only time he shuts up is to run full pelt at the sheep. We're going to phone a famer friend and see if he has a cow and calf that we could graze alongside him so that he has company. Poor old Rusty :( Someone recently said to me 'Ooh lucky you - it must be like the Good Life' - I replied 'Yeah, just not so funny'


Anyway - I'm off to play with more jewellery. Laters :)

6 Comments:

Blogger RooKnits said...

I think it is very cool. I love the green too.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

I like the necklaces! Were they as much fun to make as they are to look at?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hi Roo! Long time no 'see' *waves to Roo* :)

Mary Lou - I really enjoyed making them. Going to make some earrings tomorrow and maybe some bracelets.

1:12 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

...sorry to hear about the cow...
but I do like the felt jewels! I think the mixed media works out just fine!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Hi Stacey
I hope life has got a lot easier over the past few days - love the felt jewellery!

If you're up for seeing some other Textile work, my final year show is opening on Friday 15th June at Cornwall College (Fine Art Textiles) - I've got some total impractical knitting on show, but I'd love to meet you if you can make it. The show opens on friday 15th from 6pm (until 9pm), but is then open through next week (monday 18th - friday 22nd, 10am - 4pm or so). I'll be there on friday evening and then all day the following thursday (21st). Fine Art Textiles is on the 4th floor of the Arts & Media building (Tamar building - the towerblock!), Cornwall College, Pool, Nr Redruth. - There's a lift so no need to worry about all the stairs up to the 4th floor! It'd be lovely to see you if you can make it.
Jo
xxx

12:39 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Jo - I'll do my best to get there. I was up there the other day picking up my eldest boy's work - he dropped out just before the end of the course (plonker) I know he wants to go back up and see the rest of the exhibition so I'll try to pop in and see you if I can :)

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |