Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Off to Co Antrim

So excited I could pee! We're off in an hour. I'm just trying to pass the time while Mr Cledry feeds goats, chickens, pigs, geese etc and milks the goat (poor him - I really wish I could help). We'll be back on Friday - hopefully rested, refreshed and with a suitcase full of Bushmills whisky! In the meantime I'll leave you with a couple of pics of my first attempt at nuno felting.


Before

















After

















I like it. I'd pick a more open weave silk next time I think. I used habotai which I space dyed first and it's a very fine weave. Took bleedin' ages and hasn't stuck down everywhere. When I've got time I'll embellish it with some hand sewing and maybe some beads. I've got some nice silk thread that I spun and dyed so maybe I'll use that. I have no idea what to do with it when it's done. It's too short for a scarf, maybe I'll get over my fear of art for arts sake and hang it on the wall!

Anyway, Northern Ireland beckons - just got to see if they'll let me take my Rescue Remedy on the plane with me or whether it constitutes a terrorist threat - lol. Bye!

5 Comments:

Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Hope you have a most wonderful time away and that you come home totally refreshed. Loved the nuno felting ; I have never done any before either but there is a workshop at our guild in May so I can have a go !!
Happy Hols :)

2:46 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

sigh, Bushmills.....

12:28 PM  
Blogger alex said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Bushmills...yum! - Enjoy!

I *love* nuno felt - I've used silk velvet - the velvet side is utterly gorgeous (luxurious pleats & ruffles) but it's not terribly stable - the felt would be easy to pull off the velvet IYSWIM. Muslin works really well - the open weave makes it easier to get a good "hard" felt and obviously the muslin can be dyed to suit one's needs. Keep experimenting with it - I think it's really exciting!
Jo
xxx

2:37 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

The nuno looks great! And your trip to N. Ireland...lovely! What a beautiful place~

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |