Wednesday, April 11, 2007

That was Easter, that was

Was it good for you? It was extraordinarily relaxed here. Lots of days in the garden with added alcohol and, of course, chocolate! Bit of a win win win really. My youngest can only eat white chocolate (made himself sick on normal chocolate once and has never recovered - definitely a touch of the Isadora Duncan's about him) so it was a bit of a struggle to find him anything he would eat in place of an Easter egg. Good old Sainsburies came to the rescue and I found him this

















Isn't it cute? There were lots of protestations about how it was too cute to eat before he bit it's face off ! My husband got a really fabby chicken that My mum bought in Lidls for a couple of quid. It had a chocloate hen, sitting on chocolate eggs on a chocolate basket - he definitely came up trumps on the chocolate stakes. I ate the ones that my youngest couldn't so I can't complain - lol.


On the felt front it's all a bit of a panic. Only just over 4 weeks till Wonderwool and I'm not even really sure what it is I sell! I'll definitely get some rovings done for the spinners who'll be shopping/exhibiting there but I've realised that it's felt I want to make. The spinning is more of a hobby and something I think I'll do for the family. With so many designer/handspun looking yarns being churned out by machines I just don't think there's any way hand spinners can compete. It's a labour of love not profit and I don't have enough energy to expend on labours of love unfortunately. I might still treat myself to a new wheel at Woolfest, just as a treat for myself and not for business. I have a yearning for a folding wheel but they don't take jumbo flyers. I do like to spin a great long length - fiddling about with standard bobbins sends me a little nuts. I've got a while to think about that though :)


I felted a bag yesterday that I really like. I like it so much I want to keep it for me! I don't actually own anything I've made and that's something I intend to rectify very soon. We're going to a wedding on the Isles of Scilly in May so I'll make myself a bag for that. This one has to be sold.

Actually the photo doesn't do it justice (as usual) It's really deep purple with free machine embroidered spirals all over it and olive green side panels. I'll put it on the site but I think this one will sell when someone see's it in the flesh - I think a lot of the stuff I make is like that - has to be seen in the flesh to really appreciate it. That's if it doesn't find itself living in my wardrobe of course!
I'll try to get another post in before next week but for my husbands birthday present I'm taking him to see The Giants Causeway in Ireland. Neither of us has been and we both really want to see it so we're both a bit over excited. We're only going for 2 nights as that's all I could fit on the credit card and the lovely next door neighbours are farm sitting for us. Can't wait!

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

That is a fabulous beg, no wonder you want to keep it! The giants causway sounds good! Enjoy your trip.

5:36 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Great looking bag! Your felted creations are so unique and full of energy! Just Great!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks both :) Cyndy - sorry I haven't commented on your blog for a while. I do pop in every now and then.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Great bag, love the colours. I made a felted one that shape some time ago and no I didn't keep it either :)
I agree re hand spinning it is a labour of love and you would never I too would love a fold up wheel and so far I am favouring the Lendrum but would like to see what the new Kromski one will be like

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |