Sunday, July 09, 2006

Bitter little people

Yet again some saddo with personality issues has decided to post a link to my blog on an open forum. This person has the personailty of a dead sea slug and spends all of his free time on the net pissing people off - or trying to - he's a sad litle man. His wife seems quite normal though - maybe she's more of a carer than a wife. Perhaps I should make it clear that I am a user on the same forum as this arrogant tosser and he has posted the link to my blog on the forums without my permission and solely to have a dig. As I have already had problems with people on that site turning up at my house to freak me out and another one (who thankfully wasn't bright enough to post the correct link) posting the addy and slagging off my kids I'm sure you'll all understand that it's not something I'm particularly happy about. Posting anonymnous links to blogs on forums is one thing but posting the blog of a fellow forum member without their permission is quite something else in my book. The majority of members on that forum are very nice people but there seems to be a large percentage who don't know how to behave.

So, now the website is up I think I have to change the name of this blog so that I can keep it in the format is presently is - it has enough personal stuff in it that I don't want it advertised and if I did it would be my job not some arsehole with too much spare time and not enough mates.

I don't want to lose the readers I have so what's a girl to do? If I just change the name will people still find it via google? Will all your links to here still work?

Ideas on a postcard - lol

4 Comments:

Blogger Piglottie said...

I cant believe the petty mindedness of some people and am sorry you've had this cr*p. I'm not really sure what the best thing to do is but know that I would hate to lose your wonderful blog in the ether that is cyberspace so please somehow keep us posted on where you are. Take care and hugs to you.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

Whether you like it or not, your blog is public knowledge. I originally found it here http://www.britblog.com/directory/location/europe/united_kingdom/england/south_west/cornwall.html as can any one else. I presume that you submitted it to BritBlogs in the first place. I was interested because it had both a Cornwall and Craft theme. You post for people to read, and they can't read without finding it. If they give a link, then treat it as a compliment that they consider other people should read what you are saying as well. Now if they do it with a rude comment attached that is another matter, but your issue is only with that person.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Having people find your site because they have an interest in one of its aspects is one thing - having somebody vindictively post a link that means all and sundry log on for a good geek at your life is quite another as I'm sure you'll understand. I would have thought that there is a clear etiquette around posting links to people's blogs when they are users of the same forum and have not given you permission. This has certainly not been done as a compliment. It is also on a cornish forum where I have had trouble with people going to the effort of finding out my address and coming here with the intention of frightening me.

And where have I said I have an issue with anyone other than the toe-rag who did it?

6:16 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks PL - there's some weird folk on the net and no mistake. Thank gawd the nice ones outweigh the saddos :)

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |