Saturday, May 27, 2006

'Normal' service is resumed

Well, thank you to everyone who left sympathetic mesages yesterday. My plan was for this blog never to get that personal, more to just be a place to record my spinning and knitting. But seeing as my visitor stats went through the roof yesterday maybe having the occasional hissy pink bitch-fit isn't so bad.

Yesterday I had a good cry, a bath, a mars bar and a cup of tea. Then I set to spinning 125 grams of 2 ply dorset and a bobbin full of alpaca. I also finished sewing up the small bag I knitted on the way to the dentist.





















It's made from some Gotland that I got from a stall called Moral Fibre and some of our own Polled Dorset. I spun singles on my new drop spindle





















And then just knitted. There was no pattern, I just knitted. I pinched a pebble from next doors driveway and used it as a button - lol. I've never really 'got' why people bother with drop spindles - until I tried it. Now it's something else to add to the addiction pile - sigh.

My certificates came a couple of days ago - I took a picture of them.


















Saddo ain't I? lol

I know I'm overtired and I've been really struggling to hear the alarm let alone get up when it goes off. I promised myself a good long lie in today. I've been awake since 6.10.

Anyway in the words of my fellow hysteric Scarlett O - Hara 'Tomorrow is another day' and tomorrow is today already so I suppose I'd better get on with it .










That's the beautiful rainbow that came out when we were packing away the tent in Wales. Nice innit?

BTW I found a supplier of ethical (and British) merino when I was at Wonderwool and bought two bags of fleece from her. They're called Chrysalis Alpaca and the fleece is beautiful.


5 Comments:

Blogger acrylik said...

Congratulations on your prizes, that is fantastic news!

Don't worry about keeping up with Blogland, I just pop in when I can, and certainly don't feel obliged to blog when I've got nothing to show or say. It's our lives, we should live them how we want to! Hugs from me :)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

Glad to see you're feeling a bit better today, and well done on your prizes!

2:24 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

Sorry you've been feeling shitty recently, and I echo what acrylik says - it's your life - and it's too short to waste on what other's think, I know the theory but it doesn't stop it hurting.

Good luck getting your goodies ready for the show and have a great time with your friend.

Wish I had 'stificates for wool....

11:22 PM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Well done on your wins! I've been lurking for a while and am so glad you've decided to resume normal service as I love your blog.

From a fellow knitter, beginner spinner and camper - take care.

7:33 AM  
Blogger feltedfibers said...

glad you feel better and posted your certificates - again...well done.
Jenny

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |