Thursday, July 05, 2007

Oldmill wool batts

I've been wanting to try these out for ages but being a skinflint I'm always put off by P&P charges and the fact you can't see the colours/textures properly online. Woolfest was an ideal opportunity to see them in the flesh so to speak and I bought three from Wingham to be going on with. I also bought some hand made oak handles from Textile Art The end result is a couple of bags. One of them is still drying but here's the one that's finished










































Dotty on the outside, stripy on the inside! The colour combination reminds me of fried eggs and ketchup.

The one that's drying is a purple/grape type colour with yellow dots and stripes. I really like it as a wool - apparently it's a gotland/merino blend and as I'm in love with all things Gotland right now it seems appropriate. I'll definitely be buying more - also more of the handles if I can get hold of them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

I think the handles go really well, smart bag. The link's not taking me to Textile Art though ?

10:52 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hi Rita - thanks :) The textile art entry on the woolfest cataloggue gives www.patosborne.co.uk as their web address and that's the site of the two women who were manning the stall - guess they don't have a site for the stuff they sell ?

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |