Saturday, April 29, 2006

You can't shout at me - it's my birthday

I'm 41 today. Not quite sure how I feel about that but I'm certainly having a nice day. I got a cup of tea in bed and some nice presents from Dave and the boys and my next door neighbour has just been round with a lush chocloate cake. My husband has also bought me a cake so never mind two - shags Prescott, I'm two - cakes Cledry!

I've been a bad blogger because I decided (in my wisdom) to enter a couple of pieces into the Wonderwool competition and I left myself 3 days to do it (rolls eyes @ self). I've entered a felted hat and a tea cosy made from some lovely Llanwenog wool bought from Garthenor Organic in Ceredigion. As well as super speedy delivery the wool was absolutely stunning. It's a relief to find a British wool that will felt as you all know my thoughts on merino. It took longer to felt and didn't shrink as much as merino so the hat came out different to what I expected. I actually prefer it to what I originally had in mind so it's all gravy! I have no doubt that the pieces I sent will be sent straight back but I thought it was time to step out of the comfort zone and 'put something out there' Anyway - it was all done in such a rush that I didn't take any photos. I'll take some when they come back and post them on here. So, dear bloggers this is a photoless post :(

Anyway - the sun is out, it's my birthday, I make that Pimms o-clock!

12 Comments:

Blogger T said...

Happy Birthday and enjoy your cakes :)

Good luck in the competition!

9:23 AM  
Blogger acrylik said...

A happy belated birthday to you!

Good luck in the competition :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger RooKnits said...

Happy Birthday. Hope the Pimms was good. I am yet to have my first Pimms of the year, I'm waiting for the sun!

2:20 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Happy belated b-day! Best of luck with the competition (from what I've seen, I'm sure you'll do well).

6:43 PM  
Blogger Minnieknits said...

Very belated birthday wishes - Two cakes Cledry!

But please spare a thought for those who are being forced to be tetotal by an overanxious husband and keep your drinking habits to yourself! ;-)

2:41 AM  
Blogger sborja1 said...

Happy birthday! (sorry, I am late)
You are so young! (I am going to have 44 this year, berk!)
Good luck for competition!!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

Happy Birthday, enjoy the Pimms!

10:54 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Hope your birthday was a very happy one! And best of luck in the Wonderwool competition!

3:04 PM  
Blogger feltedfibers said...

Happy belated birthday Stacy,
Jenny

3:39 AM  
Blogger Terby said...

Happy Birthday!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks for all the comments :) I'll try to post an update later.

12:26 AM  
Blogger RooKnits said...

Hello,

Hope you are ok! Haven't heard much from you for a while... I've even managed the first Pimms of the summer :0)

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |