Friday, April 21, 2006

In which we review our behaviour

Why did no-one tell me that my entire life was going to revolve around wool? I look out of the window and eye up the sheeps fleeces, envisioning them carded and spun into glorious skeins of woolly yumminess. I see colour combinations and think 'Ooh, that would look great on some sock yarn!' From the moment I get up until the moment I go to sleep (and then I'm quite often dreaming about wool) I'm plotting and planning colours, textures and how I can spend the maximum time in my workroom without anyone disturbing me.

It would all be well and good if I actually ever made anything! I just end up with loads and loads of sample skeins.

Look:















That was Easter. The plain orange roving and the plain purple skein at the front were my first attempts at natural dyeing, the rest are good old acid dyes in one guise or another. Am I destined to be a 100g wonder? I have enough raw/white wool to make a yurt theme park so why can't I pin myself down to making enough of one thing so I could at least make a garment?

Answers on a postcard please :)

10 Comments:

Blogger Minnieknits said...

Hey, they've written a book for a fibre artist like you - One Skein Wonder (I think thats what its called) - and every one of your pieces will be a completely unique, hand-dyed creation - lady, you're sitting on a fortune there! :-)

3:12 AM  
Blogger T said...

Michelle's right. You'll have the funkiest one skein wonders ever seen!

I am so useless at colour I'd want to put all of that together in a mad happy blanket!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

lol @ michelle, wish I was so optimistic :D

Actually nana, a blanket is a darn fine idea

4:13 AM  
Blogger T said...

'Nana?' That'll teach me, lol :D

6:14 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Sorry, should it be Mrs nana? ;)

6:40 AM  
Blogger T said...

LOL! Get on with your blanket! :P

7:16 AM  
Blogger feltedfibers said...

Hi Stacy wonderful colours, found you from the weavers and spinners UK group.
Jenny in North Wales.

8:33 AM  
Blogger acrylik said...

Michelle has hit the nail on the head - they would be fantastic one skein wonders!

10:40 AM  
Blogger sborja1 said...

Nice colours!!

4:21 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Well it's all fabulous! I'd be happy to just sit and pet it rather than knit it ;)

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |