Monday, July 10, 2006

Look what I got

One of our baby goats, Clover, has gone to live on a farm up the road. I knew the woman had alpacas but had never been up there. When we took Clover up there she asked me if I wanted some fleece and as I tried to remain nonchalant and not bite her hand off she gave me this















An entire bin bag full of top quality alpaca fleece! Isn't it lush? I spun some up on Friday night (being very careful of The Knee) and it's beautiful. Clean enough to spin straight out of the bag. I might try to prepare some just to see if I can get it really fine but I don't have any combs. I really want some combs but am loathe to pay out for the mini ones. I want big girl ones but I can't find any.

Anyway - best get on - the feedback form on my site has stopped wroking for some reason so I guess I'll spend the day staring at the screen again. I'm going to try to squeeze some spinning in if I have enough energy as I have extreme withdrawal symptoms :(

With regards to changing the name of the blog I've decided to keep it the same. I don't think it's a good idea to give in to bullies and he is a bully. He's not particularly liked on the forum, spends hours on there just winding people up and claims to follow me around other forums I use. I guess I should see it as a compliment but I'll try to dredge up some human compassion toward the bloke - he's obviously got problems.

TTFN :)

2 Comments:

Blogger acrylik said...

Wow, lucky you to get to play with all that gorgeous alpaca fleece! Can't wait to see what comes of it :)

4:11 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

It's truly lully. I'm going to have to ring her up and buy loads more :)

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |