Saturday, July 29, 2006

So terribly sorry


I really have been slack haven't I? I've just been exhausted and aside from a bit of posting on forums I've actually done diddly squat. No yarn work whatsoever. I've reallly wanted to and I need to start thinking about stuff to put on the website for Winter but it'll have to wait.

Wiltshire was good. We stayed in a B&B in Devizes called Rockley House and the lady who ran it was just delightful. She couldn't have been lovelier if she tried. On our last night she asked if we wanted to stay on the canal boat they have there. The boys were chuffed to rocks:















No. 2 son did well at the chess and won two games. I'm always relieved that he wins any at that level as the kids have generally reached an extremely high standard and have private coaching etc. My boy plays for an hour a week at school if he's lucky. None of us at home play chess so he doesn't get any practice here. There were 600 kids playing chess that day in 30 degrees plus temperatures.















I was glad when it was over and even more grateful that the hire car had air conditioning. Poor No. 3 son had a really bad sickness bug on the last night and spent the entire night throwing up but he bravely trudged round Stonehenge the next day.

















All in all it was a good trip and the boys behaved really well. The biggest disaster was going to Longleat and leaving the camera on the bed at the B&B. Silly cow. I bought one of those disposable ones but the pics won't be as good as from the diggie - especially as it's got a sooper dooper zoom. Oh well, such is life when you've got the braincells of a half formed amoeba.

Hopefully I'll be back with some yarn content soon but today I'm going to lie on the sofa and watch DVD's with the kids. Dyw genes for now my lovelies!

2 Comments:

Blogger Piglottie said...

Glad you had a good time! We're visiting Wiltshire and Somerset in September. Too hot for yarn at the moment so don't worry!

6:48 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Sounds like it was a good trip, all in all..(great picture of Stonehenge!..diddly squat sounds like the order of the day around here too...

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |