Thursday, July 13, 2006

Urgh

I feel a relapse looming :( All the signs are there. Severely twitchy, weak muscles, my lungs hurt, my throat hurts, my head hurts and I'm not sleeping. I can't string two words together and the slightest noise is like having my head in a metal bucket. I have to have all the doors and windows shut because the noise of the birdsong is driving me nuts. Basically I feel like I've done 10 rounds in a boxing ring. Sometimes I only feel this bad for a weeks or so, sometimes it goes on forever. I'm sincerely hoping it's the former. I have to go to Wiltshire tomorrow for 3 days. My middle boy is playing in a chess tournament and I promised him and his younger brother we could go to Longleat. They're bouncing off the walls with excitement - I'm wondering how I'm going to get through it - lol. Maybe 'Doctor Theatre' will kick in just in time.

I'm rather short of portable projects so I dug out some yarn I made earlier in the year and have started some socks.




















The greeny/orangey one is some cheviot roving I dyed and spun while I was waiting for our Dorset to come back from Natural Fibre. It's a hard wool so I may add some leather soles to the socks and make them more of a slipper affair. The brown is Alpaca blended with Shetland and if there was enough of this I'd make a pair of socks and never take them off - it's sooooo soft. But needs must when a yarnaholic has no projects on the go so a stripey mix of hard/soft it is :)

I'll be back on Monday evening and hopefully will have some pics from Longleat if I have the energy to actually go. Wish me luck.

8 Comments:

Blogger RooKnits said...

Good Luck! Hope your weekend goes well. Love the socks. I think green and brown is a very definite sock theme going on at the moment. Love the fairy tale idea BTW... people at work suggested I should get a long blonde wig for the occasion!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

Sounds like your recent run-in with BT and that other person has got to you, take care, I hope it's not long before you feel better. Longleat is lovely lots of space. There is also a Bison farm not too far away (off the 303 at west Knoyle) http://www.bisonfarm.co.uk/index.htm and sometimes they have the underfleece for sale, unfortunately not when I was there but it's even lying around in the fields!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

*sharp intake of breath* Rita said fleece! I'm off to look at that site right away :) I think you're right about BT rita - it exhausted me. The other person? Well, him and his wife are still following me round the net - she's posted on a forum this morning quoting something I said on another forum in May! I must have pushed some kind of button - maybe she just wants to be me - lol.

I'm just going to shove loads more Earl Grey down my neck and then we're off to pick up the hire car - ours won't make it.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Roo - I thought the socks I'm making looked familiar - they look very like the ones you're making don't they? Bet yours are nicer - softer. Promise us you won't try to do a Rapunzel - you could put your back out - lol.

12:25 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

The yarn and the socks look fabulous! I do hope you are feeling better soon, and have a nice time at the chess tournament!

4:04 PM  
Blogger acrylik said...

The yarns and socks are lovely. Here's hoping all goes well for you this weekend.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I tie my skeins off in several places. I don't think it's a problem wrapping it round your hand but I'd definitely tie it with waste yarn in a couple of places. Jute - how exciting. I have some hemp that I haven't got round to dyeing yet - must get on with it :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I tried to store some acid dyes in ice cream tubs and they went mouldy. It took a couple of months though iirc.

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |