Sunday, November 26, 2006

Christmas Craft Fair

I've been so busy getting ready for the one and only craft fair I'm doing this Christmas. I didn't realise it was going to be so much effort! However, it's done and dusted now and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was at the local school and it's got a reputation as being a really good fair to get some decent handmade stuff at reasonable prices. There was so much nice stuff there that I had to resolutely stay behind my stall for most of it or I would have spent a fortune! Anyway - this is what the stall looked like on day 2 when a lot of my stuff had gone:














Here's a close-up of my brooches, a couple of pouches and you can just catch a glimpse of some hand made buttons I made at ceramics class. I might make some more if the tutor will let me use white clay. The teracotta is fiddly to get nice colours on.


















Someone asked me if there was one particular thing which sold the best. I have to say that it was pretty even across the range of stuff I had with me. I sold a couple of shibori felted scarves, the felted soaps flew off the stall - I could have sold twice the amount - and the brooches and cards were popular as well. My husband and my eight year old turned up for a while and I took the opportunity to look at some rag rug brooches at a stall across from me. I couldn't decide which one I liked so I called my husband over. When I went back to my stall my eight year old was handing a woman some change - he'd only sold a hat for me! He's very chuffed and has decided that he's going to be my manager. I'll make it, he'll sell it. Seems like a good idea to me.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have a bit of time in the next couple of weeks to catch up on other people's blogs and find out how everyone is doing. Right now I haven't got time to scratch my backside. I have someone interested in stocking my brooches and I have Christmas orders for felted soaps and kits coming in. It's all gravy as they say but it means I've somewhat neglected my blogging duties and not had time to read what other people are doing. I mean to rectify that as soon as possible and will turn up at your blogs with mulled wine and mince pies very shortly!

9 Comments:

Blogger Anita Fern said...

The stall looks great - I'm curious though - what was Action Man selling?!

Well done to the eight year old, lovely to make such a good sale!

4:32 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Everything looks great, you get top marks for presentation!! It all looks so professional..and you even have your own manager now! You have hit the big time! (but I would never turn down a visit that comes with mulled wine and mince pie!)

5:21 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

The stall looks fantastic!
I'm not doing any fairs this christmas - I can't fit it all in with college deadlines looming & trying to entertain (or is it herd?!) a 2 year old!

You're welcome to visit anytime, especially if you bring mulled wine & mince pies! mmmmmm

6:32 AM  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

The stall looks great! - look forward to some mulled wine & mince pies!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

Well done! Your wares are amazing. I've made some Fimo buttons but they aren't a patch on yours.

11:58 AM  
Blogger artyfartykat said...

The stall looks fab,must be your new manager!!

12:56 AM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Wow your stall looks great . What a great manager you have :)

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you had good sales - feels very rewarding, doesn't it? Great confidence booster, I found.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Jane Carlstrom said...

Just found your blog - through feltingforum.com Hurray! Enjoyed the visit. Always fun to find other fiber enthusiasts and read about their fiber adventures. Felt on!
Jane

3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |