Saturday, October 07, 2006

Some pics for you to peruse

Sorry for the absence. Life is full of 'stuff' at the moment. Nothing drastic, just really petty niggling 'stuff'. You knaw how ee is yourself :)

Here's some updates on the small amounts of creative things I've been able to squeeze in. First, still on the fusible stuff a la Margaret Beal, I made a small book:


















It's about 4 inches square and very delicate. Definitely not something you could cart around in your handbag but perfect for pasting little treasures into and keeping somewhere safe.

Next up is a bag I made a while back and didn't like. The wool didn't want to felt completely so it's more fulled than felted and it just didn't feel right. I decided to use it to experiment with the felting needles I got at Exeter and I quite liked it again as a result. I've lined it with some really lush red fabric I've had for years, stuck red handles on it and now I like it !

































Right - well, for some reason Blogger won't upload any more pics. It's uploading them but not to the blog! I'll publish this one and then try another post.

4 Comments:

Blogger Faerynuff said...

That's gorgeous!

Where did you get the handles from?

Will you be putting it up for sale on your site?

7:09 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I don't quite know whether to put bags on the site or no. I kind of think that you need to 'squish' a bag to know if it's the right one for you. Does that sound mad?

12:05 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

By the way I bought the handles at the Quilty show at the NEC - they were a french company and were at least 3 quid cheaper than everyone else. I must try to find their details again.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Jane Carlstrom said...

The leather handles on the fulled bag are fabulous. The needle felted in design works so well. Funny how sometimes if you put something away and get it out later it finally comes together and is grand. Congrats!

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |