Saturday, October 14, 2006

Celtic challenge #2

For some reason Blogger has messed about with the spacing of this post and I can't sort it out. Have I told you how much I hate blogger? :D

This lady had the prettiest wheel - she also sat in the same seat as I'd been in and was the one that press photographers and cameramen went to - lol






















Photographing me photographing you aha! Audrey and me in cameras at dawn












Some of the lovely ladies of the spinning team being filmed by the BBC



Audrey talking bobbins - she plyed for Cornwall - quite literally!

























One 'leg' of the knitting team
















Well, as I keep saying, it really was a lovely day and very good fun. Temporary loss of the use of my right leg has been a small price to pay - lol. Thanks to Audrey for asking me and for her marvellous organisation skills. We had a spinning team to be proud of, though I think Audrey's whip may have been a little step too far ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun. My guild told me about these challenges and showed me the knitted items they made ; I think its amazing and would have loved to have been a spectator(my spinning is not that fast )

5:23 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Wow...that looks like great fun! The pictures of the event are wonderful! Thanks for posting them (despite blogger...)Will the BBC broadcast this stateside?

7:46 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'd have loved to have been there, but my trip to Ally Pally the next day meant that I had a LOT of stuff to do at home on friday - I just couldn't justify the trip to St. Ives as well.

Glad you had a great time!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Anita Fern said...

Good to see you - was it really last week? Where did the week go?!

Too bad that we didn't do better this year. The spinners are marvellous and don't seem to share the same "getting up and walking away" tendencies as the knitters! Maybe we'll do it next year but I think they might need to actually "book" the knitters to be in with a fighting chance.

I wonder how many of the finished squares were done by Frances?..

9:38 AM  
Blogger acrylik said...

Fantastic - excellent pictures and you really brought the event to life - wish I could have been there to watch!

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |