Monday, January 22, 2007

Hello girls!!

Just a little wave to the girls from the henhouse - hope you're enjoying the blog :)


I thought I'd show you the hat I made for myself, yes myself. I had loads of little blobs of handspun that all looked ncie together but weren't really big enough to do something with. I was admiring the wondrous hats on Wooly Wormheads blog and thought' Gosh darn it, I'm gonna make me a hat!' So I did. I made the mistake of trying it on when it was wet (duh!) so it's a little too big right now but I like it. (apols for the fuzzy photos)


It's from the Rollin' Beret pattern and it was fab to knit. Quick and easy enough for my addled brain. I would do it on a circular needle next time as I only had short dpn's and it kept falling off the pins. I meesed up a bit on the decreases (brain fog kicked in) so if you're looking Ruth don't look too hard at the back :D
TTFN

8 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

I've been looking for a beret pattern for ages! I look dreadful in hats but my head gets cold so who cares, and I've loads of odd balls in my stash.

One thing I've been meaning to ask you Stacey, is how do you rate the Spinner's Weaver's and Dyer's online guild? I've been thinking about joining, I used to be a member in the UK of the Ringwood branch and I feel I need a bit of direction to do something different!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Toggle said...

Love it.


but you told me you don't wear hats.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Toggle said...

Love it.


but you told me you don't wear hats.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Ahhh, easy mistake to make togs - I said I made it, never said I'd go as far as wearing it :D Actually, I'm wearing it round the house and might even be brave enough to wear it outside soon. It's a lovely pattern and a lovely hat but not such a lovely head - lol.

Rita - I like the online guild as I can dip in and out as I please. I can't commit to going to regular meetings due to my health so it's ideal for me. Also, you can learn a lot just by reading about the workshops even if you haven't got the time etc to actually participate. It creates a good knowledge archive that you can dip in and out of as it becomes relevant

1:33 AM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Great idea for using odd bits of handspun. I have used this pattern a couple of times (did have to alter it for my head though !! )

1:34 AM  
Blogger Craftydramaqueen said...

Fab beret. It looks gorgeous in those colours.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Marina Sokolova said...

what a cute hat :)

3:38 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

The hat looks great! Love all the different wool knit together!
Baa-gqwwwwaaallllk! (hen waving back)...

4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |