Wednesday, February 15, 2006

As well as being socked up I think I've gone a bit stich-marker mad as well! I've been buying beads on Ebay like there's no tomorrow. As usual, what started off as being quite cost effective has 'expanded' somewhat as I've found nicer and nicer beads. I'm finding lovely fancy lampwork beads and they really do look lovely as stitch markers - well, they do in my opinion anyway - lol. Here's some of the fancy ones:




















I'm going to have to be brave and start approaching some of the yarn shops to see if they'll stock them for me. I'm not so good at that sort of thing though. I'll just pretend to be someone else!

2 Comments:

Blogger sborja1 said...

Be brave! they are lovely, and as you are lucky to have always yarn shops ,they have all closed here, if you want yarn or wool, or other things to knit, you can only buy by "correspondance" (I don't know the word, it means you have a book and choose on it, then send money to receive what you want).
I begin a pullover for Gabrielle, with dolls on it, I will post a photo when it will be finished. For socks, where do you find the measures ?
Bye!
Simonne

11:31 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

That sounds like what we call Mail Order. To be honest I have to buy the majority of my needles and stuff on the internet as my local shops look at me like I'm mad when I ask for bamboo double pointed needles or circular needles in any sizes bigger than 5mm.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |