Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Toe Up Socks

Phew! I'm not sure these are the socks for me. I have to admit I'm struggling. I've had to do the toe twice and I've still got holes. I think it's from not picking up both the wraps on the knit side but I can't face knitting it again so I'll stitch the first one up and pay more attention to sock two. Here they are so far.















You can see the crochet chain stitch from the provisional cast on. I've enjoyed that bit and I'm sure it'll come in very useful. I'll keep an open mind about toe up socks as I may love it once I've got the hang of it. However, I have to say I can't see the benefit yet.

3 Comments:

Blogger sborja1 said...

What does that mean, toe up socks? Is it like gloves for feet?
Show them to me when it will be finished!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hi sborja - toe up means you knit them from the bottom instead of the top. I'm not enjoying it very much so I think I'll stick to knitting them from the top from now on.

12:11 AM  
Blogger sborja1 said...

I understand.I have already knitted socks, it was from the top.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |