Thursday, February 23, 2006

We apologise for the delay...

Blimey O Reilly. It's been all go here. I've been figuring out if it's possible to add a shop to a blog and it looks like it is - hurrah. I've only got 3 pairs of stitch markers in there for now as I find HTML exhausting. Hopefully I'll be putting more things in as the days go by. It's all quite exciting really.

I've been spending a lot of time looking at other peoples blogs. I love looking at other peoples blogs as I'm basically a nosey old cow and half a day can go by before I know it. I'm particularly interested in and envious of other peoples yarn stashes. As a smallholder who also spins I don't have a yarn stash per se. I know I shouldn't moan as I've got a free supply of wool but it also means that I don't feel I can go on a Noro splurge. Self inflicted yarn based guilt - whatever next! Anyway - this is my 'stash:















Don't expect many of you will drool over that lot! That mess is what we laughingly refer to as my 'workroom'. It will be one day, I hope. In the sacks are the 20 kilos of poll dorset waiting to go off to be scoured and carded. I'm still quite excited about that and I bought a couple of books in anticipation. I've been meaning to buy Deb Menz's 'Colour in Spinning' for ages and this has proved to be just the excuse I was looking for. Of course to qualify for the free postage on Amazon I had to buy another book so I got 'Yarns to Dye For' to go with it. Rude not to wouldn't you say? lol















I have to say that both books are gorgeous but Deb Menz has me going 'Phwoar! Look at that! about every half a page. I'm really glad I bought them and am going to buy some plain 4 ply wool to try the self patterning instructions on Kathleen Taylors book.

I've finished my other recycled yarn shawl. I've called it Mor Gwyr which means green sea in Kernewek.





















I'm pleased with it. As usual the photo doesn't do it justice. What is it with knitting and cameras?
Still, I'm happy that it's finished. It's that psychological hurdle of having WIP's sitting there glaring at you isn't it? lol Tonight I'm going for attempt #2 of my husbands Opal socks. For some reason they didn't want to be knitted last week so I put them in a bag and hid from them.
Wish me luck!

6 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hi turtlegirl :)

I do have a macro function on the camera. I used it on the stitch marker photos but I had to get the tin in as well so I haven't got as close as I'd like to.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Knittypants said...

That shawl is beautiful. I love that it is recycled, that is so cool. Your books look pretty interesting, as well. You should be having a lot of fun with those.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Pyewacket said...

Oh, the colors are just gorgeous. Lovely job!

2:28 PM  
Blogger sborja1 said...

Hello, Stacey! You become pro of blogs! I have read that people can put videos on blogs, but my english is too bad to understand everything;so I tell you the adress: http://www.dailymotion.com/
and another one, http://www.youtube.com/
Perhaps you will be able to show us on video (and explain it to me!)
I like your shawl, I made the last one a long time ago and when I see yours, it gives me ideas.
Gaby's pullover will be finished soon, I will put a photo on my blog.
I know some blogs which speaks knitting, but they are in french.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hi simonne - good idea about the video! Maybe I could put a little video of the sheep. I look forward to seeing Gaby's jumper

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |