Friday, February 17, 2006

To frog or not to frog

That is the question! Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the holes and bumps of outrageous knitting or to take dpn's against a sea of troubles, and by frogging end them. Fnar.

Toe up socks. Why? Part of me thinks I should soldier on even though I’m not really enjoying it but the other part of me , the one that knows that all three ‘men’ in the house really want some socks, is nagging me to undo them and knit a few pairs of standard top downs and then see how I feel about going back to the project later. It’s just such unknown territory. I really like the free pattern that comes with Mail Order Opal and I know where I am with that. This is what they look like so far:





















The woman running the workshop has put a lot of effort into it as well and I don’t want her to feel unappreciated.
Oh for Pete’s sake woman listen to yourself,! Rip the damn things out and be done with it! There, that was easy - rofl.
‘Himself’ is still languishing on the sofa although he seems a lot brighter today. My middle boy never seems to catch a cold or anything. It’s amazing how different they can be

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Hi hazelnut :) They have holes and they're a bit sort of baggy. I might go back to it later.

I think No. 3 son is feeing better as he's up and about and anoying the bejeebers out of me now. One of the upsides of M.E (if there is one) is that I don't get colds and flu. Mind you I feel like I have the flu every day so it's not much of a bonus!

4:11 AM  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

I knitted some normal socks out of that exact same yarn - http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/purlpower/frippery%20purlpower/IMGP6947.jpg

It's a lovely, unusual colourway isn't it?

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |