Thursday, February 16, 2006

Blue Day

My littlest has been home from school again with some other beastly bug. I always know he's properly ill because he just lies on the sofa watching tv. Usually I keep them off and by 9.30am they're fidgetting and nagging and saying 'I'm boooooooored'.

So, today I have been watching Spongebob Square Pants and making yet more stitch markers!

I'll put these on Ebay tonight, though Ebay is losing its charm for me. You can only have items on it for a limited period and you have to hope that people see it within that time. Maybe it's time to start that site I've been planning but never seem to get round to.
Anyway - here they are. As you can see today has been a blue day - lol













I've booked in 20 kilos of Poll Dorset fleece to be scoured and carded at the Natural Fibre Co today. It's been sitting there staring at me in a very guilt inducing way. I'm just not strong enough to deal with that amount of fibre but I don't want to see it wasted. The scouring and carding is the back breaking work (even though I treated myself to an Ashford drum carder last year) My plan is to dye the batts and spin it into something quite lovely when I have the time. It'll be interesting to see what machine processing does to it anyway. We're going to drop it off on 28th of this month as it's on the way to my dentist!

5 Comments:

Blogger sborja1 said...

"beastly bug" : are they insects or didease?
Sponge bob square pants, I know him (Bob l'éponge carrée), we have the film on DVD, it's funny, but for us, adults, when it is all the day...My daughter, it is Dora, the explorer.
On e-bay, I have sold postcards (it was a collection that a friend gave to me), I was surprised to sell it so well. I think you have to put your items on a site for knitters. I am sure there is a lot in english language.
you remember i have a friend who have fibromyalgie and I know it is very difficult sometimes, so be careful when you card 20 kilos of fibre!!
Bye
Simonne

10:29 AM  
Blogger sborja1 said...

I wanted to say DISEASE ("insects or disease").
My God, tonight, my english seems as chinese!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hi simonne - he has mal a la gorge and mal a tete - is that right?

11:48 AM  
Blogger RooKnits said...

I think you should talk to Kerrie at Hipknits about your stichmarkers as she'll be opening her shop soon and I think they would be fab in there. She is also looking for comments on Ashford Carders... a good ice breaker me thinks!
http://kerriesplace.co.uk/weblog/

6:01 AM  
Blogger sborja1 said...

OK! was it flu? (mal à la gorge et à la tête is often signs of flu)
I hope he is better, now.

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |