Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Getting felt up

Fnar. I've spent a few blissful hours making some felt tea cosies. The fibre from craftynotions really is fab. As soon as one order is delivered I'm back online looking to see what other colours I can buy.

Here's what I've made so far, drying nicely in the breeze














The green/red hearts one is my favourite so far and I'm trying to work out how to make a hat that actually suits me in those colours. I don't do hats normally - look a right twonk in them but I'm willing to give it a try for those colours.

It's a relief to be creative again. I don't realise how much I need it and how much not being able to do it twists me out until I've started again and I can look back. Double edge of it is that I can't sleep for designs and colours buzzing through my head. We're heading slowly for Autumn and they're my absolute favourite colours, gawd knows what I'll be like then.

Today I'm waiting for a new knitting machine (£30 off ebay - last of the big spenders, me) and then I'm going to try out Nancy Roberts' method for dyeing machine knitted blanks and unravelling them. I also want to try shibori felting and then I want to...........

Rofl - see you later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Piglottie said...

Gorgeous felting wonders as ever! Autumn is my favourite time of year and I love the colours so much so completely understand where you're coming from!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Thank you :) I'm just putting the finishing touches to the pink one. There's some gorgeous colours in the hedgerows already, bright orange monbretia against the green hedges is really breathtaking.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Spinningsue said...

I lurve the tea cosies!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |