Sunday, August 06, 2006

Update on the site

I've added a couple more bits and pieces. Our Lambskin rugs are back and they're beautiful so they've gone on the site for sale here. I found a bit of self striping left from Mazey Day, lurking at the bottom of the basket and I've put the coffee cosy up as well. I'm going to crack on with some felt tomorrow as middle boy is away for 2 weeks and small boy is at my mums for a few days. They're going shopping together - bless.

I've decided that the shetland/merino/alapca scarf isn't really my mums sort of thing It's way too chunky and not the right colour for her at all, so I've decided to add stripes of lovely dark chocolate brown dorset and sell it. It's looking lovely now. Isn't it funny how what you intend to do with something can change how you see it? I'll post a pic when I can.

Instead, here's a pic of our huge artichoke thistle thingy which has decided to flower this year




















It's got about 6 flowers on it and the bees love it. It looms out of this half barrel tub we've put it in like a trifid. Beautiful :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary-Lou said...

It's definitely triffid-like! - is it edible as well as decorative?

10:05 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I don't know really. It doesn't quite look like a cardoon or a globe artichoke so I'm not entirely sure what it actually is :S

2:05 AM  
Blogger RooKnits said...

ooooooh. I couldn't resist one of the rugs. I have wanted a brown sheepskin rug for soooooo long and I am very exicted to buy one from someone I "know!"

11:37 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Aha! I knew I recognised the name. I've emailed you to confirm it's a brown one you want but now I know :) I'll post it off first thing tomorrow. Thanks Roo.

1:00 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

That is beautiful!

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |