Saturday, August 12, 2006

The good news and the bad news

I'll do the bad news first, get it over with. The knitting machine I bought from Ebay arrived yesterday and there was no way that thing was ever going to work. Bent and damaged needles were only the beginning of it. I emailed the seller and have recieved no reply. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they may be away from their computer until after the weekend but if they don't reply by Monday PM I'm going to get shitty. I only want something simple to knit some blanks for dyeing and get some of the huge pile of coned wool I have lying around shifted. There was a knitting machine advertised in the local paper so I'm going to see that on Monday. Wish me luck, this has been a saga that's been going on for about a year. I only want a bloody knitting machine for gawds sake!

The good news is that I was so stressed from the knitting machine saga that I got pissed last night, (no that's not the good news) and decided to treat myself to a trip to the Festival of Quilts next weekend. The Hilton are doing a really good deal (and I get upgraded as I'm a Hilton Honours member doncha know!) and I'm getting my train ticket this afternoon. Orf I bally well go. I asked my husband if he minded and he said that I don't bat an eye about spending money on them all the time so I deserve to spend some on me. Bless him. So, daunted but excited I'm going to pack my nightie and toothbrush and it's Brum here I come.

5 Comments:

Blogger RooKnits said...

Hope you have a fab time in my new city! Unfortunately I think I'm going to be in London finishing things on the flat so it can be sold!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

I hope you get the knitting machine sorted soon. And have a great time on your solo trip - a little adventure, I'm sure it will do you good!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh dear that's one of the down sides of buying off E-bay ; do hope you get it sorted soon. I just love your tea cosies

4:17 AM  
Blogger Penny said...

That's frustrating about the knitting machine.

You're not coming to the Festival on Friday are you? A couple of bloggers are having a meetup (2pm outside Subway) and you're more then welcome to join us.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks Penny but I'm coming on Saturday for the Sunday. What a shame.

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |