Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Natural bent

That's the name my husband sells his hazelwood furniture under :) We've just been to the beach to take photos of a couple of pieces to put on the Cledry site. They came out quite nicely I think.



















































We had a few people come and talk to us about what we were doing and one woman who insisted on standing in shot to take her socks and shoes off. If we moved the chair she moved with it!
I'm off into the workroom to lay out some felt today. I bought some leather bag handles at the Festival of Quilts and I want to make some bags to use them with. I can't do much more than lay out fibres today though as I start my Textiles AS level at the local college tonight and I need to save some energy. I'm excited :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Anita Fern said...

Photos look great - perfect setting for the furniture! How did the Textile class go? Is is the lady who makes the fabulous 'dolls' that takes the course? I think she was featured in Cornwall Today last month.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

How was the course?
I start back at college next week - will hopefully have phots & will be a "good" blogger & post about it then!

3:32 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Beautiful work on the hazelwood furniture..great name! Lucky you, a Textiles class! I'd be excited too...

5:30 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks - the textiles was interesting. I'm a bit worried as I've done something like it before (an advanced GNVQ in art & design) about 11 years ago. It's all the same processes etc but I'm hoping I'll get the chance to try free embroidery and stuff I haven't done before with some tutor guidance. I don't know what I'm going to get from it right now so I'm trying to keep an open mind (trouble is I keep putting stuff in it lol)

Anita - is it Sue Dove who makes the dolls? Jo would be able to tell you more as Sue teaches the HND I think.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Faerynuff said...

Love the photos, they really make the furniture stand out. We will be doign our cellar in the next 18 months and I've already shown my Dh your DH's work :)

On a slightly unrelated note...the photos remind a little of Boohbah...

3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |