Monday, August 21, 2006

Festival of Quilts

It was fab. I wish I could have stayed longer. I'm tired and skint so you'll have to make do with some photos:

































































































I loved it and it made me want to do the HND in Textiles at the local uni but no time dears, no time :(

Right, I'm off to try to sort out the mess that is a dodgy knitting machine and a seemingly equally dodgy seller. She's claiming that the machine has got damaged in the post and that as such it's nothing to do with her. I've never known anything go rusty in the post! Hey ho - I've never left anyone negative feedback in nearly a hundred transactions but I think I'm going to have to with this one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Anita Fern said...

Looks excellent - did it give you lots of ideas?!

Anita

PS. There's an HND in Textiles? I'm off to google it right now...

4:55 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

There certainly is anita - at Camborne Tech (or whatever it is now) There's a retropsective show of students work in St Ives if you get a spare minute to pop down.

I have so many ideas buzzing roun my tiny brain that I know I'll never be able to even begin to put them into action. I'd love to have enough energy/time/money to do the HND - 2 years of doing nothing but play with ideas would be so good.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Toggle said...

i'm so jealous now.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Artis-Anne said...

Oh aern't they fab. I too would love to do a textile HND but like you not, enough time but mostly not enough energy and the nearest college to us is over an hour away .Wish I had done it when I was younger and healthier !!AH well

4:00 AM  
Blogger Piglottie said...

Gorgeous quilts, I love the one with the female torso on. I hope you getting the knitting machine saga sorted soon.

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |