Friday, February 24, 2006

Sneaking one in

Just sneaking a quick post in before my lovely boys get back. They've been at my mums for 3 days as it's the holidays and the M.E and Fibro have brought rags to my ass and tears to my eyes. It was exactly the same last year, I was quite well for christmas and then by February I was ill again. It'd be intereting to hear from anyone who has the same pattern. Anyway - they'll be back in a minute with all their noise, drama and muddy shoes. All the things which I love deep down but which is virtually impossible to bear when I'm ill.

I've started the socks for my husband and they're coming along quite nicely this time. I really do love knitting socks, especially now I've discovered bamboo needles. Hopefully I'll make some decent progress with them tonight so I can post a pic tomorrow.

While I'm here I'd like to take the opportunity to thank the lovely people over at Downsizer who are so incredibly supportive of anyone trying to set up a new enterprise (however small) They've given feedback, support and their technical know-how with such generosity and warmth of spirit. My thanks go to them.

3 Comments:

Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Hi Stacey, thanks for commenting on my blog, it's really nice when people stop by and say hello because often you don't have a clue who, if anyone, is reading.

With regard to a fibro pattern, I tend to feel better between April and October, in fact, by September I was feeling great and taking on lots of new things like extra hours at work. I then usually feel terrible once November kicks in. This past year was particularly noticeable. I am not sure, but I think there may be a connection with the lack of light. I am having a very bad febuary but am hoping that things will improve once summertime is on its way. It has been very cold these past few days so I'm sure that hasn't helped. Are you getting any NHS treatment or are you just managing by yourself?
Best wishes. Hx

2:47 AM  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

P.S. your stitch markers are beautiful!

2:47 AM  
Blogger Peri said...

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling so unwell.

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |