Sunday, March 19, 2006

Hmmmm

Well, here's how the 4 rovings on the right of the last picture have spun up:







Ironically they've ended up being the colours I originally intended. I've been looking at colours and landscapes around me and wanting to represent them in yarn. The photo shows the cololurs I've been looking at and tried to represent in the 4 dyed rovings on the right of the last post














Allowing for the spring-like day haze it's pretty much the colours that came out in the rovings. It seems that spinning them up has made them somewhat lighter. Something I'll have to take into consideration next time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

That yarn is just beautiful... I can completely see the relation to the colors of the landscape.
I love your blog too!

11:43 AM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Lovely! Nice representation...I just love seeing the before and after spinning photos! Getting to see the landscape is a bonus!!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hi Rowan. I found it quite tricky at first but it gets easier (I hope!)
First you have to go to www.paypal.com and open a merchant account. You then get access to their merchant tools such as add a basket and buy it now buttons. If you click on buy it now buttons in the menu it'll take you to a form to fill in regarding the item you wish to sell. Then it will generate the code for you to copy and paste into your site/blog/whatever. Paste it under a photo of the item you wish to sell and bob's yer uncle! The main problem I found is that blogger doesn't like the code and will only accept it properly when you're in edit HTML mode as opposed to wysiwyg mode. It also won't let you preview the post so you have to do a lot of publishing and editting to get it quite right.
I created a separate blog and linked it to here via the shop button (all the info on how to create buttons was on knitty)as it was easier.
I don't blame you for not bringing it up on there - as you know I nearly got run out of town! lol

I'm more than happy to help a fellow creative person make a bit of cash for their artwork so if you need any help give me a shout on cledry_yarner@hotmail.co.uk or click the email link in the 'shop'
I laughingly call it a shop as I've got bugger all in it - rofl!

1:11 AM  
Blogger Rita said...

Lovely colours, how nice to see the sun in your photo!

1:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |