Friday, March 17, 2006

My dyeing day

















I can't say I'm happy with this batch. I'll reserve judgement until it's spun but I'm not too keen on the colours. I had a kilo of White Cheviot and thought I'd practice hand painting some rovings. For some reason the wool just wouldn't take the dye properly and the colours were different after they'd been set in the microwave. At least it was a productive day in that I got something done, even if I'm not immediately happy with it. Right now I'm going to see if i can ignore the feeling that I've been beaten round the head and neck with a sweaty, lead filled sock and try to spin some more soya. Vegan socks here I come.

3 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

You are wise to reserve judgement until they are spun! I have seen some pretty average roving, that spun up looking absoultely beautiful...so ya just never know!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks cyndy. I just long for the day when it turns out the way I meant it to.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Peri said...

I spent yesterday dying as well - but yarn not roving. I think they look fine and look forward to seeing them spun - especially the bluey-green one.

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |