Saturday, March 11, 2006

In the thick and thin of it

I'm ploughing on with my attempts to make thick and thin 'designer' yarn despite my ineptitude and sheer fear of colour. It's still not easy but I've found a kind of rhythm with it and it's becoming less frustrating.
Here's the latest effort:















It's actually quite a lot brighter than that but I've got a new camera and I'm not entirely sure how to use it. I've got an increasing number of small amounts of yarn from various spinning projects and I have no idea what to do with them. Maybe I'll get around to making them all into squares and making a funky blanket for next winter.

I don't really have much else to say apart from how impressed I am by Web of Wool . I've ordered 2 sock kits from them now ( can't get enough bamboo needles - lol) and they've both arrived so quickly and with really pleasant communications that it's a pleasure buying stuff from them.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to make my youngest boy a 40's style tank top from 3 balls of grey acrylic wool and my Bond knitting machine. He has a trip to the local museum on Tuesday where they all have to dress as 40's schoolchildren. I found out yesterday - I love that school - lol. If you hear me screaming just send wine.

5 Comments:

Blogger sborja1 said...

what is tank top? Is it a cap?

12:10 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

A tank top is a sleeveless jumper :)

12:13 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Lol Diana - it was the same with me. I spent a year trying to spin a fine even thread and now I cna do it I want to spin lumpy stuff!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Peri said...

Oooo that yarn is lovely!

2:14 AM  
Blogger T said...

I love that yarn!

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |