Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yesterday I was looking at my euphorbia photo and thinking how I would like to represent the colours in it. Trouble with me is when I look at something like that my brain says 'Flower!' and that's all I can see. When I was at college they used to get us to deconstruct things and look at them in a different way, make photocopies, rip them up and put them back together a different way , focus in on one spot and enlarge it - standard art school stuff. I was wondering how I could do that at home and started messing with my photo software. My euphorbia pic ended up looking like this:



















Now you may be saying, 'Pah! I've been doing that for ages - kids stuff' but I'm really excited. Look at all those colours! I certainly didn't see them before. I really want to use nature as an inspiration for my work and now it's going to be much simpler.

*sharp intake of breath* Is it cheating?!

5 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

Works for me!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Do you do it as well? Phew - lol I really am my own worst enemy - I come up with something helpful and then think of reasons why I shouldn't do it. Dozy cow *rolls eyes @ self*

6:19 AM  
Blogger RooKnits said...

How cool..

8:30 AM  
Blogger T said...

Yeah, we like that :D

1:36 PM  
Blogger ms_moron said...

Hey thanks for the link to your blog. Even though I don't knit its always nice to see someone elses Projects.

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |