Thursday, March 30, 2006

You are cordially invited.....

To the official opening of my new studio/workroom! Here's the bottom end of it in all its glory. It's not quite finished yet, I want some fairy lights and there's a few bin bags of stuff waiting to go to charity but I'm able to work in it.
















I needed a work surface and decided on kitchen worktop but couldn't afford it. A few weeks ago, in the local paper, somoene was advertising kitchen worktop off cuts for £25. It turns out it was 5 metres cut into 2 lengths and it was brand new!! When my husband brought it home it turned out that the largest length fitted the back wall exactly, he didn't have to trim it at all. I was meant to have that I think. The room looks quite small in the photo but it's 20ft by 10ft - loads of room for one demented spinner/dyer to rattle around in - lol.

I was in awe of the room for a few days but I got over that and christened it today by dyeing some self striping sock yarn. A friend of mines elderly mother needs soft top socks so I agreed to make some for her in pinks and purples. I hope they come out alright.

















I also got round to constructing my rigid heddle loom that my husband bought for me 18 months ago. Better late than never eh? Something else for me to think about as I lie awake for hours on end in the night! I get some of my best thinking done in the night. Last week I wrote a brilliant song at 3 am. Could I remember it when I woke up? Could I buggery!

Now I'm off to have a bubble bath and a glass of wine as I am completely overtired. But it was worth it :)

7 Comments:

Blogger RooKnits said...

I love the pink/purple sock yarn. It looks ace. Can't wait to see it knitted up

1:10 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hi Roo - I couldn't resist knitting up a few rows last night and it is actually stripey!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Mary-Lou said...

What a lovely room (and the yarn looks nice too!) - can't wait till my kids leave home, so I can annex one of their rooms for myself .... ;)

10:02 AM  
Blogger Toggle said...

I would love a space like that. I'm sooooooooooooo jealous.

1:52 PM  
Blogger cyndy said...

Oh wow! Nice studio SPACE! Lucky you!! The sock yarn looks great...so soft looking...yummy...

2:36 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Thanks everyone, I'm gradually getting over my fear of it and realising I can spend a whole day in there if I want to and that it's my space.
Toggle, next time you're down this way you can come and stroke it - LOL!

11:18 PM  
Blogger Toggle said...

I'm already planning to try and come visit you next time I'm in Cornwall. I'm not sure when that will be though. maybee in the summer or autumn half term

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |