Monday, April 03, 2006

A robin some socks and Chad Alice Hagen!

First off, here's a pic of a British robin for Cyndy. I couldn't get a snap of our resident one as he seems to have gone awol for the tme being. Maybe he's flown off to his Summer pad, who knows? So, I pinched one off the Net :)




















Re the self striping sock wool. They're coming on nicely. The colours aren't as subtle as I'd maybe have chosen but for a first attempt I'm quite pleased. It's stripey, it's sock wool, what did I expect!




















Now, onto my exciting news. I picked up the local paper on Thursday and tucked away at the bottom of the 'What's On' page was a tiny article saying that a feltmaker was coming to town for a two day hat-making workshop on Wednesday and Thursday. I thought, ooh that looks quite interesting and read on. It's only Chad Alice Hagen!!! Coming to a tiny village up the road from me! I phoned up and asked if there were any places left but at less than a week to go I thought they'd definitely be oversubscribed. The lady said they had places left so I asked how much it was. '£85' she said. 'Per day?' asked I 'No' she said, 'for both days.' I sort of squeaked and she said 'Do you still want to book?' I said I definitely did it but I was expecting it to cost much more than that. She said 'Ahhhh, I take it you know who she is.' Apparently people have been complaining about the price! I dunno, people eh? lol

Anyway, I'm excited, can you tell?!

3 Comments:

Blogger cyndy said...

Thanks for the picture of the robin! Could be a case of "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence"...but I think your robin's are really prettier than ours! Maybe it's a case of "the robins are prettier on the other side of the ocean"!

Have fun at that workshop! It sounds great (you will probably learn a lot!)

6:20 AM  
Blogger shaz said...

I love that sock yarn. What are you using?

2:38 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Sorry sharon - didn't see your comment until now. I'm using BSK 4 ply which I managed to get a whole cone of from a local yarn store. I dyed it with acid dyes.

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Spinning Wheel
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random Powered by RingSurf
uk knitters
Previous | Join | List | Next | Random |